Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday's Fabulous Finds

I'm thinking I should actually call this 'Saturday's Fabulous Finds' LOL - ugh, when I work a Friday then I don't seem to be able to sit down and write it out!!

Today I am starting at the begining, the begining of how I got my knitting mojo back :-)

About 5 years ago I was in a real funk when it came to my knitting. I have always loved knitting (well mostly, when I was 13 and my best friend Justine came up with this nutty plan of having a sleepover that involved staying awake knitting till we were finished our current project, I wasn't too rapt with it at 3 in the morning. I'm also pretty sure I remember Mum wasn't too rapt either as we woke her up!!) However as the kids grew up and life became busier, I started back in paid employment but now had a family and home to look after too, projects took longer and longer to complete and I'd finally finish something to find out the kids had outgrown it. To top it off they both decided to moan and complain that wool was too itchy and hot so then all that hard work didn't often get worn.

So, I didn't knit for a wee bit. However then I found Lolly one day when I was surfing the net. I honestly have no idea how I stumbled across her site but wow, what an inspiration. She hadn't been knitting for long but her absolute love of it shone through in her blog posts. I sat there that night and read through all her old posts and looked at her projects. I admit I feel a little stalkerish at times - after all this is someone who I've never met in person and who has no idea who I am, yet I read about her life and her passions often, but she just inspired me so much that I picked up my needles again and have not put them down again for a long time!! In fact, I think I have an even bigger love of knitting now. Her blog posts introduced me to Ravelry, free net patterns and designs that I would never have found down at the local knit world. I'm inspired to buy sock wool and try out things that I wouldn't have.

If you want to check her out - here's her blog here:

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment