Thursday, June 11, 2009

Friday = MY DAY

Last year when my daughter started a densitisation programme at Wellington Hospital (which involved spending one day a month in the day ward), my lovely employers let me change my hours around so that instead of working 4 hours 5 days a week, I now work 5 hours 4 days a week. It was great! Meant that I didn't have to take time off for the day she needed to be in the hospital, if the kids or I were sick during the week then I could just swap my off day and that generally I would have a little bit of extra time to get the housework and jobs done.

Last year and the first term of this year, that's exactly what I've been using it for. This term however, with my girl now on maintenence and having it done at Hutt Hospital with her Ped and me being slightly more organised, I am finding that Friday has turned into My day and wow, what a difference it makes in my life.

It's amazing really how much having a house and kids and basically grown up responsibilities takes out of you. I spend so much of my time doing things for everyone else. Not that I mind - I wouldn't have had children otherwise - but there are times when I feel like I don't get 5 minutes to myself and having my Friday is solving that.

The last few Friday's I've spent watching DVD's and catching up on my knitting but this Friday I'm having fun spending some time 'surfing' the web, updating ETSY with new photos and a new listing, reading about how to improve this blog and catching up with friends via e-mail. Very soon I'm getting off the computer though to go and play with my new toys that have been sitting in boxes and bags and organising my sewing studio just a little better. I might even take some photos with my new camera so I can start to add them on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment