Monday, October 12, 2009

Ravelry

If you're a knitter out there then I'm sure you know what Ravelry is.  If not then you need to go to http://www.ravelry.com/ and join.  If you're not a knitter - don't bother - it won't interest you (and I mean that in the nicest possible way - it's a total knitting community!).

I however, love Ravelry.  I've found projects and patterns to do and seen yarn to drool over.  I've joined many groups and made lots of friends, both here in Lower Hutt and overseas.  One such group was the button and stitch marker swap group.  The idea behind it was that we were given one person to send a small parcel to which included 6 buttons and 6 stitch markers.  I sent off my parcel to my swap buddy and patiently waited for mine to arrived.

In record time it turned up and WOW!!!  Was I spoilt - I shall never want for a stitch marker again, she made me 6 sets of six, all different sizes from sock to bulky.  Here are some photos so you can see just how spoilt I was:










All in green - my absolute favorite colour (I rather suspect I was stalked LOL!).  Thank you very much Joan, I love them all and you totally made my week!

No comments:

Post a Comment