Saturday, November 6, 2010

Craft 2.0 and Whoops!

Firstly the whoops - I was on a friends blog last night who has my blog on her front page and under it said '4 weeks' that means since the last post.  Ugh, I can't believe it was that long ago I posted so whoops!!

In the lead up to Craft 2.0 I do tend to go into this little bubble world where all I concentrate on is stock, what I still have to make and thoughts about how I'm going to display things this year.  Most other things tend to just go on the back burner!

I have to say that I was a lot more relaxed this time round.  I didn't want to overstock as I thought that being October and coming into Spring/Summer over here, knitwear probably wouldn't be on the top of everyone's list.  So I did do a few cotton and cotton/bamboo items - sunhats and Mary-Janes and I did a few vests which are good as they add a little warmth without being a full on jersey.

I have to say I was surprised - It still went very well (yay!) and what I sold isn't what I thought would.  For a start I sold 2 jersey's, (that was very surprising), and quite a few merino hats.  The Mary-Janes however sold out, I wasn't too surprised by that as I think they're great.

I can't say enough how much I love Craft 2.0.  Not only as I sell there but I always stock up on gifts and whatnot.  I love the fact that I'm buying handmade, I love that it's different and not everyone will have one and I love the fact that I'm supporting another cottage industry.  I know these items are made with love and that I love love love meeting all the stallholders and the ones at craft 2 are simply the best - they share ideas freely and there really isn't that feeling of 'you're the competition'.

I haven't applied for the December fair - for a start knitwear in December I really do think won't be wanted - and it's a bit close to Christmas for us, Christmas being such a hectic busy affair round here - but if you can get along it's on the 18th December and it's well worth it for gifts.

Here's a photo of my stall before we opened (yes I did handknit and the applique the bunting - it got SO many remarks I'm considering selling it as custom orders).  I kept it quite simple this time round.  I think my favorite items were the mice, so cute!!

                

No comments:

Post a Comment